37 Google Analytics Training Events You Didn’t Know About
Do you want to meet other GA users? Learn from top GA experts? Talk with the engineers and product managers of Google Analytics? Other vendors have user conferences – so why not Google Analytics? Well, there are! While pretty new (only a handful have taken place so far around the world), these events are sure to grow in frequency. Here's a short-list of upcoming Google Analytics User Conferences around the world.
- GAUGE – the Google Analytics Users' Great Event, New York City, October 17th – 18th (upcoming shortly)
GAUGE is the GA User Conference series that I started up earlier this year (March of 2011). I've long dreamed of seeing conferences that bring together GA users and decided it was time to take action. The GAUGE events are official GA user conferenceswith a bit of a twist, running alongside the eMetrics web analytics/online marketing optimization conference but still presented by a consortium of Google Analytics Certified Partners and the Google Analytics team.Watch http://www.gaugecon.com/ for official event news, dates, speakers, and to register.
- GA User Conferences Northern Europe (all past, but look ahead for 2012 events)A group of GACP's in northern European countries have come together and produced a number of GA user conferences in 2011 – presumably these will repeat in 2012, so watch these sites for announcements if you're in this part of the world or are willing to travel there for some great GA training.
Sweden, Stockholm – May 17th 2011
Partners: inuse | insights, Klikki, Guava
Event Site: http://analyticsconference.se
Denmark, Copenhagen – May 18th 2011
Partners: Guava, IIH Nordic, Valtech DK
Event Site: www.gabc.dkNetherlands, Amsterdam – May 19th 2011
Partners: clickvalue, Netprofiler, Netsociety, OrangeValley, Traffic4U, Traffic Builders, Checkit, Tribal, Maxlead, bSeen
Event Site: http://www.gauc.nl
- GA User Conference in Madrid, Spain, October 21, 2011 (upcoming)This edition of a GAUC is a first-time for the coalition of partners in Spain. Check out http://googleanalyticsconference.es/ for details about the conference, speakers, cost, and registration.
- GoMeasure GA User Conferences in Australia and Southeast Asia (already occurred)
While these events have already taken place, I'm expected we'll see repeats or expansion soon. GoMeasure was put on by Google but also brought in top Certified Partners in the region to contribute their expertise. Keep an eye on the GoMeasure website for future editions of this conference series.
- GACP Summit (usually in September, the 2011 summit already occurred)
This is the annual summit for Google Analytics Certified Partners. While not open to the public, this event brings together hundreds of the worlds top GA experts for training from the source. The benefit here is that if you need help or custom training with GA you can count on a Certified Partner being the best source for top-notch information since they are trained directly by Google.
- GAUGE San Francisco, 2012
Another installment of the GAUGE Google Analytics User Conference series, this event will take place in San Francisco alongside eMetrics in March of 2012. Keep an eye on the GAUGE website for updates and new information.
Seminars for Success
Led by trainers at certified partner companies, these official Google Analytics training seminars are happening all over the US and UK. Here's a list of upcoming training seminars.
Seminars by Cardinal Path – details and register here
- Washington, DC, Sep 19 – 23, 2011
- Vancouver, BC, Sep 19 – 23, 2011
- Nashville, TN, Oct 3 – 7, 2011
- Toronto, ON, Oct 3 – 7, 2011
- Chicago, IL, Oct 10 – 14, 2011
- Montreal, QC, Oct 17 – 21, 2011
- Houston, TX, Oct 24 – 28, 2011
- Los Angeles, CA, Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2011
- San Diego, CA, Nov 14 – 18, 2011
- Calgary, AB, Nov 14 – 18, 2011
- Jacksonville, FL, Dec 5 – 9, 2011
- Montreal, QC (fr), Dec 5 – 9, 2011
- Phoenix, AZ, Dec 12 – 16, 2011
Seminars by Luna Metrics – details and registration
- Portland, OR, Oct 11-13, 2011
- Raleigh, NC, Nov 15-17, 2011
- New York City, December 6-8, 2011
- Washington DC, December 13-15, 2011
- Pittsburgh, PA, January 23-25, 2011
- New York City, February 27-29, June 4-6, Sept 10-12, Dec 3-5 of 2012
Seminars by iVantage (US and UK) – details and registration
- Austin, TX, September 27-29
- London, October 18-21 & November 22-25
- Houston, TX, December 6-9
- London, December 13-16
Other Seminars, Workshops, & Webinars
In addition to these "official" events, there are numerous certified partners and non-partners that are conducting events constantly. This is by no means comprehensive, but here are a few additional options:
- Web Analytics Association workshops – see www.webanalyticsassociation.org
- Google Analytics Developer Meetup in Boston – http://m.bostonphp.org/events/display/24704851
Private Training Options
You'll be able to get training as an individual or in-house team by just about any of the Google Analytics Certified Partners, includingyours truly. If you need a custom training program that is usually more cost-effective than sending your team to a far-away conference, then working with a certified partner is probably the way to go. Check out all the partners around the world, and contact our team too :).
If you know of additional events of interest I'd love to hear about them – just leave a comment! I hope this starter list is helpful and will get you into a training event or user conference soon.