Nearly 6 years ago, Google changed the world of Web Analytics and Online Marketing with the release of Google Analytics – free. This move began what I see as a revolution and evolution in web analytics by making advanced web analytics tools available to anyone – simply put, making “democratization” of data a reality. No longer was having data and analysis tools limited to the “elite” marketers at big companies with big budgets – anyone could have great data and do analysis.
Well, today, everything has changed, again.
Why change a good thing?
I’ve been doing Google Analytics consulting since the product was originally released and over those years, the price of “Free” has actually been a barrier in some cases. Why? There are many reasons that I’ve heard from companies. Often they include mis-information about limitations of the free version of Google Analytics, or concerns about the lack of a contract, fiscal relationship, SLA, and support. If you’re a small business these things are less important. However, if you’re a large company or just anyone who puts value in an SLA, support, a contract, etc… then the free version does have some drawbacks.
What does Google Analytics Premium Include?
So, just what is included in the Premium version of Google Analytics? Here’s the run-down, or read the official release from Google.
Enhanced Processing Power
- Guaranteed processing for up to 1 billion hits per month
- Faster, intra-day processing for up to 1 billion hits per month
- Service Level Agreement around data collection, reporting, and processing
- 99.9% on Collection up-time
- 99% on Reporting up-time
- 98% on on-time Data Freshness (within 4 hours)
Advanced Analysis Tools
- Up to 50 Custom Variable slots
- Unsampled report downloads for custom report requests
- Unaggregated report downloads for large report requests (up to 1 million rows per download)
- Attribution Modeling for Multi-Channel Funnels/li>
- Dedicated Account Management
- Phone & Email support 10 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Implementation Consultation & Tagging Audit
- Live & Webinar Training
- 24/7 Product Emergency Escalation Support, if the product is ever outside of the SLA
How Can you Get Premium Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Premium is available exclusively from Google or through a Certified Partner authorized as a Premium Reseller. If you're interested in learning more about the product and how to adopt, contact us and we'll get the right people looped into the conversation.