It’s that time of year again – eMetrics in Washington DC is right around the corner! This year, as in previous years, I’ll be leading a Google Analytics training series alongside the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit. However, this training will be a bit different, following a 2-day format with true workshop-style hands-on time, along with lots of take-home resources.
Register at the eMetrics site. Use code GADC10 for 20% off the Google Analytics Workshop and 10% off a full Summit pass!
What’s different and why should you attend?
Here are some reasons:
- I’m splitting the format into a 2-day event, rather than the one-day event it has been in the past.
- Over the 2 days we’ll delve into the nuts and bolts of Google Analytics – how to implement and use it from top to bottom.
- We’ll get hands-on – this is something new for these workshops. In the past I’ve kept the training to demo data and presentations. In the 2-day form we will have time for a truly “workshop” style approach.
- Lunch will include a round-table user-to-user discussion time to share tips, tricks, and questions.
Attend the Workshop, Get the Handbook + Resource Guide
Each workshop attendee will receive a complete handbook of the training materials. This isn’t your normal “slide handout” – rather, it is a 120+ page manual to Google Analytics that you’ll be sure to keep close by after the training. The handbook comes ready with space for taking notes so you can easily jot down those golden nuggets of learning and find them later!
The resource guide includes:
- All training slides (nearly 300 frames – actually more than we usually cover in class)
- Integrated note space
- 30+ page Google Analytics resource guide
- Spiral bound with front & back cover – it’s not just a big stapled stack of paper!
Additionally, digital copies will be available along with digital resources including my Campaign Tracking URL worksheet, Goal planning worksheet, and Custom Variables & Segmentation planning tools.
Detailed Agenda – What You’ll Learn
I really enjoy doing workshops like this because of the amount of learning that can happen. Attendees get their eyes opened to how they can get more value from Google Analytics, what is causing problems, how to overcome challenges, etc…
Topics we’ll cover include:
- Solving common problems like your website showing up as a top “referring site” (that’s a bad thing to see!)
- Tracking AdWords properly
- Using AdWords analysis reports to optimize your ad spend
- Tracking other media like AdCenter (Bing, Yahoo! Search), Email campaigns, and more
- Using Advanced Segments and Custom Reports
- Exploring all of the Google Analytics reporting features and capabilities
- Basic and advanced implementation techniques
- Analyzing content
- Goals and creating comprehensive, value-driven Goal Frameworks
- Account and profile structures
- Integrating with Google Website Optimizer
- LOTS of time for your questions
- And much more…
Questions in advance?
If you’re attending or have a question about attending, feel free to shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions!