Updated on 03/31/2015
Information Collection and Use
We may collect personal data from customers both online and offline. Online, we may collect information through our website, an affiliated site (such as a promotional microsite linked to our site), an Analytics Pros page on a social networking website (such as Facebook, LinkedIn or the like) or through similar online avenues. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry (including via a telephone call) or your submission of a form, registration or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from our affiliates and from third-party sources (including without limitation, our third-party service providers (such as marketing and fulfillment companies), opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, and other companies and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise.
As you use our website, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our website and provide you with a more customized experience.
We may disclose personal data you provide to our affiliates and to consultants, service providers and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, sweepstakes and contest-related services, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services and event-related services such as online and offline data capture) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s). In some cases, we work with other companies who help to gather information from you or help us to communicate with you.
Where the law allows it, we may share customers’ personal data with affiliates or selected third-party partners to enable them to market their or other selected third parties’ products and services to you.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties (including, without limitation, governmental agencies) if required to do so by law, regulation or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others’) rights or property; to support any actual or threatened claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations. Likewise, we may disclose or transfer personal data to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our business.
The recipients of customers’ personal data, and more generally these disclosures, may be located in the United States or other jurisdictions that might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside your jurisdiction.
We may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, We may also make full use of all user-generated content you submit to us.
We take appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use.
It’s Your Choice: Contact Preferences
Analytics Pros wants to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. If you don’t want Analytics Pros to use your contact information to communicate with you for promotional purposes (such as to tell you about other products and services that might be of interest), please tell us that when you provide your contact information. You can also let us know your preference later by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that Analytics Pros might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a newsletter to which you may have subscribed, a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice and so on.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to request that we do not disclose your personal data to third parties for direct marketing by such third parties, you can exercise your right to prevent such disclosures at no cost to you by clicking on Analytics Pros and following the instructions on that page.
To keep personal data provided by you accurate, current and complete, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section. We can then take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession or to delete your information from our contact list.
We collect personal data about our customers in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When we collect information, we will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional.
The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
– Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address, company name and other similar information.
– Personal/demographic information, including occupation, level of education, and the like.
– Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information and the like).
– Transactional and financial information, including products or services you purchase, inquire about or request, payment information, debit/credit card information and so on.
– Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), information provided when requesting or receiving discounts/coupons/rebates, registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
Our website may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our websites to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our websites. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users.
We use personal data about customers in contexts that include the following:
– Conducting and following up on transactions. We may use personal information to conduct transactions with you, process your order, contact you about your order and so on.
– Registration, such as for events, memberships, accounts (i.e., log-ins and passwords, etc.). Customers may be given an opportunity to register for a variety of reasons, including to receive promotional communications/offers; to attend an event (e.g., a conference or training seminar); to join/participate in an online community, blog, chatroom or other interactive areas or to otherwise provide user-generated content; and so on. Such activities may entail collection of name, title, contact information, user name and password, experiences with our products and personal information/preferences related to the subject matter of the particular activity. In some cases, you will select a user ID and password when you register and you will use this to gain access to certain registration-restricted areas. Note that using our website as a registered user enables information that is passively collected as you navigate the site to be associated with personal data actively collected from you on the site.
– To follow up with you after you have completed a form, business reply card or survey, whether online or offline. When you attend an event where Analytics Pros is present, you might fill in an optional form, telling us your name, title, email address, whether you attended past events, your postal code, comments, whether you would like us to contact you in the future and/or other information. Likewise, you might choose to participate in an online or offline survey (anonymously or with name/contact information) where you provide demographic information and survey-specific preference data. We use the personal data you provide to improve our products, services and website content and otherwise to more effectively communicate with you.
– To allow you to contact us with questions, comments or concerns and to address your communications. We provide a number of ways for you to contact us to ask questions, provide comments or share concerns. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your name, title, contact information, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments and other types of data relevant to the specific situation (e.g., product involved, use of the product, any problems with the product and the like).
– To provide materials you request. We provide a number of ways for you to request materials from us, such as newsletters, brochures, product literature and the like. We may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, preferences, and other information relevant to responding to your request.
– To permit your participation in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. To participate in sweepstakes, contests and other similar promotions, we often collect name, title, contact information, and other information related to the particular activity. We will indicate which information is required (e.g., to contact winners, to verify eligibility to participate, etc.) and which is optional (e.g., demographic information, preferences, etc., designed to help us better understand you and address your interests).